Consultant to evaluate the agroforestry training centres
Vi Agroforestry is procuring a consultant to evaluate the agroforestry training centres
Start Date: 15 August 2019
Expected workload: 21 working days
Send application to: email@example.com
Subject Line: ‘Review of agroforestry training centres’
About Vi Agroforestry
Vi Agroforestry is a Swedish development organisation, improving livelihoods of smallholder farmer families through promotion of agroforestry and sustainable agriculture land management. The organisation has been working in East Africa for over 35 years. Through capacity building and technical support, Vi Agroforestry has reached over 2.3 million people and helped planting over 120 million agroforestry trees. The Agroforestry Training Centres (ATC’s) have played an important role as learning centres and contributed to visibility of the organisation. Vi Agroforestry is now procuring a consultant to evaluate the impact of ATC’s and look into what role they can play in the future.
Profile of Consultant:
The consultant should have the following qualifications/expertise:
- Post graduate degree in Social science, economics, rural development, agriculture extension, adult and popular education or others as may be relevant (Essential)
- 10 years’ experience of carrying out participatory and rights-based programme evaluations, studies, assessments and research (Essential)
- 10 years’ experience and knowledge of sustainable agriculture, rural development and popular education and mobilisation. (Essential)
- Solid experience of gender programming and mainstreaming (Essential)
- Experience of the rights-based approach (HRBA)
- Knowledge of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda context (Essential)
- Excellent writing, editing, attention to detail and organisational skills (Essential)
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. (Essential)
Study fees and modalities of remuneration
The consultant and Vi Agroforestry will agree on the remuneration rate per person/day. Charges related to taxes, mission allowances for fieldwork and secretarial fees are to be borne by the consultant. As part of this negotiation process, the consultant should propose the fees s/he wishes to charge noting that Vi Agroforestry will cover the transportation costs to and from the field assignments, and accommodation during the field work.
Send Technical and Financial Offers addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and to be received not later than 26 June 2019.
The assignment is expected to commence around August 15th 2019.
The offer should contain:
- A letter of interest addressed to the Regional Director
- A Technical offer showing the interpretation of the ToR and indicating a detailed proposed methodology
- A CV of the consultant or consultancy firm showing previous relevant experience
- A detailed financial proposal (expressed in Kenyan Shillings indicating the cost required for the undertaking of the work required)
Submissions should include: ‘Review of agroforestry training centres’ in the subject box.
Contact person for the procurement: Peter Wachira, regional M&E Advisor
Deadline for application is 26 June 2019 not later than 4.30pm
Vi Agroforestry is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing is prohibited.