Internship in Kenya: Monitoring and Evaluation
Project: Livelihoods Mt Elgon Project
Duration: 7 Months
Duty Station: Kitale
Supervisors: Livelihoods Mt. Elgon Project Coordinator, Head of ME & Gender Equality
Reporting relationship: Weekly updates on Livelihood KPIs to the Project coordinator and country Manager
Vi Agroforestry is a Swedish NGO, improving livelihoods of small-holder farmer families through agroforestry and sustainable agriculture land management. The organisation has been working in the East Africa region for over 35 years. Vi Agroforestry has reached 2.3 million people and helped planting over 120 million trees. The foundation of Vi Agroforestry’s work is sustainable agriculture and agroforestry. It provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income. Sustainable agriculture contributes to the mitigation of climate change.
Vi Agroforestry in Kenya is the home of the “Livelihood Mount Elgon Project”. This is an ambitious 10-year project designed to secure thriving livelihoods for smallholder farmer communities around Mt. Elgon – in Trans Nzoia and Bungoma Counties. The project aims at environmental, social and economic benefits with a focus on dairy value chain. This project seeks to fill the position of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M/E) Intern for a fixed period of 7 months and to be based in Vi Agroforestry Kenya, Kitale.
The purpose of the position is to oversee the project’s monitoring activities and be responsible for data quality assurance and control. The M/E intern will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and the Head of M/E & Gender equality. The intern will work in close collaboration with the Project Field Coordinators and Field Officers and the entire project team.
Major duties and responsibilities:
Overall: responsible for data quality control and data quality assurance by enforcing integrity of all data collected.
- Ensure timely collection and uploading of clean data to the web-based platform, these include but are not limited to Milk data, training records, annual group activity data, farmer group registration
- Provide high-level quality weekly and monthly reports
- Support field coordinators and field officers on data entry
- On a daily basis, monitor the training register, farmer registration and farm tracks and provide weekly reports on the progress
- Support the project team on issues related to mobile apps and web database management
- Carry out data analysis and provide reports that will inform tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Support field coordinators to train Field officers, CFs and group leaders on M&E standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, dairy, agroforestry, statistics, IT, computer science, Monitoring and Evaluation or related course
- Advanced knowledge on excel and data analysis applications/skills
- Demonstrable experience in data management, analysis and report writing
- Experience in working with web-based platforms
- Data presentation skills
- People and results driven
- Self-driven and focused
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Socially and culturally sensitive
- Project management skills and experience are an added advantage
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Community mobilisation is an added advantage
Please send your application to the address Intern.email@example.com with a cover letter, CV and contact information of three references not later than 18th June 2019 16:30 hours.
Only Kenyan nationals are eligible to apply and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Indicate “Monitoring and Evaluation Intern” as the subject in your application.
Vi Agroforestry in an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity in the organisation and welcomes applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, ethnicity, religious belief of disability. Any canvassing will be disqualified.