Resources Mobilisation Consultant
Vi Agroforestry is procuring a consultant to support the resource mobilization team
Start Date: 6th September 2019
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: ‘Consultant Resource Mobilization’
About Vi Agroforestry
Vi Agroforestry is a Swedish NGO, improving livelihoods of small-holder farmer families through agroforestry and sustainable agriculture land management. The organisation has been working in the East Africa region for over 35 years. Vi Agroforestry has reached over 2.3 million people and helped to plant over 120 million trees. The foundation of Vi Agroforestry’s work is sustainable agriculture and agroforestry. It provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income. Sustainable agriculture contributes to the mitigation of climate change.
In order for Vi Agroforestry to be able to deliver on its mandate of ‘fighting poverty and climate change’ and realise its strategic ambitions as outlined in the organisational strategy 2017-2021, Vi Agroforestry requires multi-year predictable funding. To realise this, Vi Agroforestry is guided by the resource mobilisation objective for the strategy period – to secure increased funding and deepen and diversify the funding base to work towards our organisational goal ‘A sustainable environment that enables women and men living in poverty to improve their lives.’
However, Vi Agroforestry like other development organisations faces an increasingly competitive funding environment and is therefore faced with the challenges of maintaining and growing current funding levels. The organisation’s resource mobilisation strategy is informed by these challenges as well as exciting opportunities given the growing Vi Agroforestry profile and strategic ambitions. In seeking to expand and diversify its funding portfolio, Vi Agroforestry seeks to attract new institutional donors including bilateral and multilateral donors as well as foundations.
To enhance the resource mobilisation support to country offices and continue to strengthen the resource mobilisation unit in the region, Vi Agroforestry wishes to engage the services of an experienced consultant to support its resource mobilisation efforts and maximises the potential of funding opportunities identified in the East African region.
- Objectives of the Assignment
The overall purpose of the consultancy is to secure the services of an experienced consultant who will be instrumental in developing proposals along the guidelines provided by the funding agency. In doing so:
- Facilitate transfer/upgrading of skills or knowledge required to design and develop a successful application.
- Maximise the potential of funding opportunities identified and ensure a growing funding portfolio to finance operations in the region.
The consultant shall work closely with the Resource Mobilisation team by;
- Supporting the proposal development process, working with the Resource Mobilisation Coordinator, Thematic advisors, Finance Manager and in-country focal points;
- Contributing directly to proposal development processes by writing, reviewing and in conjunction with the Resource Mobilisation Coordinator, submitting funding applications/proposals to donors;
- Supporting the Resource Mobilisation Coordinator and ensure proposals submitted have tangible measures of success and there are realistic expectations of applications being reviewed favourably and funded.
- Expected Deliverables
Resource mobilisation capacity of the organisation increased – Ongoing resource mobilisation skills and expertise of key resources built at the organisation with key tasks undertaken for knowledge transfer.
The work of the consultant will be under the supervision of the Regional Resource Mobilisation Coordinator.
- Profile of the Consultant
- Master’s degree in social science or management, or another relevant discipline.
- Professional qualifications in project cycle management, fundraising and resource mobilisation, monitoring and evaluation, qualitative and quantitative methods will be added advantage.
- Mastery of English, both written and oral.
- The ability to work collaboratively with teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to work within tight deadlines.
- A commitment to excellence in order to meet high-quality standards expected internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in resource mobilisation preferably in an international setting especially within European and other governments, multilateral and bilateral donors and other philanthropic funding structures and processes, is essential.
- Proven track record of writing high quality and funded concepts, proposals generating significant funding
- Capacity building skills
- Computers Proficiency: Strong Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
The consultant/s will be located at Vi Agroforestry Regional Office in Nairobi.
- Submission of Application
Potential consultants are invited to submit an application including the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae showing relevant experience to the assignment
- A cover letter/ Capability statement
- Copy of relevant assignment undertaken in recent past for reference
- Expected per day consultancy fee
Submission of applications should be made by email to email@example.com to reach us not later than 4.00 pm, Friday 6th September 2019.